Welcome to Namaste Eco Excursions. We specialize in ecologically focused coral reef and mangrove wilderness excursions. Our excursion destinations are all hand picked for their health, beauty, and distance from heavily trafficked tourist areas. We offer three types of excursions:
One Stop : Departs at 9:00 returns at noon $119/guest
Two Stop: Departs at 1:00 returns at 5:oo $139/guest
Private: Custom times and destinations $799/up to 6 guests
What is Sustainable Eco Tourism?
Since the late 1970’s the Florida coral reefs have seen a 80% reduction in live coral coverage. Though the Keys reefs are one of the most researched reef tracts in the world, science is still fighting an uphill battle to contain coral decline. There are several coral studies that suggest that part of the answer for saving our reefs resides with responsible use by commercial excursion operators. Responsible use begins with an awareness of the negative human/coral interactions and structuring tours to accommodate sustainable practices. These sustainable practices are outlined via the UNESCO definition of Sustainable Tourism which Namaste Eco Excursions is proud to implement via the following precepts:
- Small group excursions with at least one professional guide per three guests,
- Strong focus on marine ecology via an engaging 30 minute presentation on reef creatures,
- Destinations that are abundant with live coral and less prone to damage by human interaction,
- Strict adherence to proper “coral etiquette” by assisting guests with proper coral viewing.
The Benefits of Practicing Sustainable Tourism
- Small Groups= Guides are always nearby assisting with the discovery process,
- Strong Ecology Focus= Fosters a genuine guest appreciation for the beauty of the coral reef and mangrove ecosystems
- Wilderness Destinations= A much better chance of safely experiencing rare and endangered species of coral
- Proper Coral Etiquette = Enhances and fosters a unique sense of stewardship for Florida Keys fragile eco systems
Help support Sustainable Eco Tourism by choosing your snorkeling excursion provider based on their dedication to protecting North America’s only barrier reef.
Call (850) 525-9624 for additional information
What makes us so special:
We are very proud of our excursions and give 150% to all our guests. We are self-admitted coral “geeks” and proud of it. We love sharing our passion, and if authentic and responsible coral discovery is your thing, then we certaintly have just the trip for you.
We specialize in accommodating novices and are very adept with folks who may be a little skittish with the challenge of aquatic adventures.We customize each trip based on what we see and hear from you.
We never put anyone out in bad conditions. If the weather is not right for a trip, we work with you and plan around your schedule, so that you see the reef on an optimal day. For us, the bottom line is not the money in our pockets, but the smiles we see at the end of the day.
In the Far East where the sailing vessel Namaste’ (pronounced nah-mah-stay) was built, there is an ancient legend that says that royalty and even angels may pose as travelers. With this in mind, we offer the best of everything to our guests. At Namaste’ Sailing in Key West, Florida, we proudly follow this tradition, giving you the best we have to offer for your Key West snorkeling and sailing adventure:
Namaste Sailing specializes in custom sailing and power ecological adventures each carefully crafted to make your experience with us special, unique and most of all fun. Whether you are a Boy Scout troop form Iowa or a family on spring break, we can accommodate your passion for a quality, crowd free, sailing adventure in the beautiful Florida Keys. Please take the time to review our premier adventures and explore or website. We promise you won’t be disappointed!